Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 04:05:31 -0600

254 
FZPN01 KWBC 061005
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON DEC 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N148W 969 MB MOVING W 10 KT THEN TURNING S IN 06 HOURS. 
WITHIN 240 NM W AND 180 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 
20 TO 28 FT. WITHIN 300 NM N...660 NM W...540 NM SW QUADRANTS 
AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 
TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N147W 973 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
44N153W TO 47N155W TO 52N150W. WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 
WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW OF FRONT W OF 153W...WINDS 35 TO 50 FT. 
SEAS 18 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 41N151W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM 
SE AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS AND FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 153W AND 
165W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT FROM 37N TO 
47N BETWEEN 148W AND 158W...22 TO 30 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N138W 979 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SE...660 NM S AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 34N173E 997 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N174E 
TO 30N169W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT W OF 175W E WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 
34N169W TO 42N175E TO 39N170E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N170E 992 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 36N180W TO 31N165W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 175W AND 
170E...E TO SE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM W QUADRANT AND BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 
34N167W TO 45N180W TO 44N168E...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N167E 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
42N164E TO 37N180W TO 30N166W. WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT W OF 
175W...E TO SE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 
31N163W TO 51N168E TO 51N160E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N163E 992 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 50N166E TO 54N170E TO 47N168E. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS S OF 47N W OF 170W...EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 34N173E 
ABOVE...WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 67N173E 1009 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 660 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 40N135W TO 35N137W TO 31N14W. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE OF FRONT N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N145W TO 54N134W TO 
48N127W TO 43N127W TO 30N143W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE OF FRONT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 52N TO 57N E 
OF 150W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT  SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N135W WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N131W 
TO 47N127W TO 40N127W TO 34N133W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
38N AND WITHIN 180 NM N QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT S OF 38N AND 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N136W MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST BETWEEN 154W AND A LINE FROM 60N174W TO 
52N175W TO 44N163W...N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT N 
OF 52N AND 12 TO 20 FT S OF 52N. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST GALE 50N141W 982 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF 
A LINE FROM 60N168W TO 50N172W TO 35N162W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION.

...FREEZING SPRAY... 
.NE OF A LINE FROM 63N173W TO 58N164W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
TO FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 64N171W TO 58N164W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 65N169W TO 60N167W TO 58N162W 
AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY FREQUENTLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF A LINE FROM 43N167E TO 47N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 50N BETWEEN 165E AND 
172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG W OF A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 44N168E 
TO 41N165E. 

.HIGH 50N176W 1036 MB STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N175E 1040 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N123W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER PROSISE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12N97W TO 12N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W TO 12N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 103W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
TO 11N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N112W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N115W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 13N116W TO 
08N121W. FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 117W TO 120W E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N123W TO 26N125W TO 20N135W. N OF 27N W OF 
135W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE FROM 20N132W 
TO 27N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
FROM 17N TO 22N BETWEEN 123W AND 133W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 122W AND 133W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 20N W 
OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. NW OF 
LINE FROM 20N130W TO 23N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON DEC 6...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N77W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 08N112W TO 10N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW PRES. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 125W 
AND 132W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.