Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:38:34 -0600

203 
ATHW40 PHFO 061238
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON DEC 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 06 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW ABOUT 1780 MILES NORTH 
NORTHEAST OF OAHU AT 2 AM...NEAR 46.5N 149.6W. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY 
ALSO SHOWS ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 33.9N 169.3E...MORE THAN 
2100 MILES NORTHWEST OF OAHU. THE LEADING EDGE OF A LOW CLOUD BAND
ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE FRONT WITH THE SYSTEM TO THE NORTH 
NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS IS ABOUT 400 MILES NORTH OF OAHU AT 2 AM. 
THIS LOW CLOUD BAND CONTINUES TO THE WEST...MERGING WITH THE CLOUDS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM NEAR THE DATELINE. 

THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN NOTED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE SYSTEM NEAR 
THE DATELINE. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE NOTED ALONG A LINE FROM 
14.8N 177.5W TO 30.0N 169.8W. THUNDERSTORMS ARE A BIT MORE 
CONCENTRATED NORTH OF 30N...EXTENDING TO THE WEST CLOSER TO THE 
UPPER LEVEL LOW CENTER.

A FEW THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE SEEN ON INFRARED SATELLITE TRAVELING TO 
THE SOUTHEAST NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. FEW LOW CLOUDS ARE 
OBSERVED IN THE VICINITY OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. LOW CLOUDS 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST AROUND 15 
MPH...WHILE CLOUDS NORTH OF KAUAI ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST SOUTHEAST.

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OBSERVED IN THE ITCZ SOUTH OF THE 
ISLANDS. ONE LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS IS FROM 8.1N 146.5W TO 8.4N 
159.1W. ANOTHER AREA IS CENTERED NEAR 9.1N 140.0W. THUNDERSTORM 
ACTIVITY IS MORE CONCENTRATED NEAR 10.1N 131.5W...ALONG AN UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH IN THAT AREA. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.