Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:17:32 -0600

116 
FZPN01 KWBC 061617
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON DEC 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N150W 963 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N142W 
TO 45N134W TO 39N133W TO 30N145W. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 43N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 159W WINDS 40 
TO 60 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND 660 NM 
W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO FROM 54N 
TO 57N E OF 145W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT...AND BETWEEN 50N AND 58N E OF 150W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N146W 974 MB. FROM 34N TO 46N BETWEEN 
138W AND 157W...ALSO WITHIN 240 NM W OF A LINE FROM 56N151W TO 
47N154W TO 43N153W TO 37N152W...AND FROM 44N TO 50N BETWEEN 131W 
AND 137W...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 45N128W TO 
38N133W TO 30N141W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 35 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...AND FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N136W 983 MB. BETWEEN 40N AND 47N FROM 
128W TO 140W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 53N E OF 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 36N173E 994 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 38N170E TO 35N180W TO 31N170W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 
28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 162E AND 173E...ALSO 
WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N168E 991 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 38N177E TO 32N170W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 170E AND 
178E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM N OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM 
N OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N166E 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 37N180W. WITHIN 360 NM N OF FRONT...AND 360 NM N 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N166E 1001 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. N OF 53N 
BETWEEN 173E AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA. FROM 58N TO 61N W OF 175W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 47N TO 56N BETWEEN 162W AND 172W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 60N BETWEEN 
150W AND 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N145W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N AND 
240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF A LINE FROM 63N173W TO 58N162W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
TO FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 65N170W TO 58N162W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 65N168W TO 59N166W TO 58N162W 
AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY FREQUENTLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF 46N BETWEEN 170E AND 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 51N175W 1036 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N177E 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N176E 1039 MB. 

.HIGH 49N166E 1024 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 53N177E.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N123W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N123W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 11N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
TO 11N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N112W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N115W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 13N120W TO 
08N121W. FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 115W TO 120W E TO SE WINDS TO 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.N OF 28N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N121W TO 21N130W TO 16N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 132W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT IN MIXED SW WIND WAVE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N126W TO 20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 30N140W.

.TROUGH FROM 20N125W TO 10N131W. WITHIN 240 NM W OF TROUGH NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 20N W 
OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 20N130W TO 12N135W. FROM 10N TO 
22N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 26N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 25N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 26N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON DEC 6...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 06N100W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 08N112W TO 10N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 110W AND 
113W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 127W AND 
132W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.