Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:45:12 -0600

314 
FZPN40 PHFO 061645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON DEC 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 28N157W TO 30N167W. THE PART OF THE FRONT E 
OF 157W MOVING SE 10 KT...THE PART W OF 160W MOVING NE SLOWLY. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KTS N OF 28N E OF 146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 29N143W 1011 MB. FRONT FROM 30N141W 
THROUGH LOW TO 27N148W TO 30N162W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N E 
OF 143W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N153W 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
180 NM OF LOW SE SEMICIRCLE. SECOND NEW LOW 30N166W 1010 MB. FRONT 
FROM 30N148W THROUGH FIRST LOW TO 27N157W TO SECOND LOW.

.FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 26N176W TO 23N178W TO 20N179E MOVING E 10 KT. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 21N BETWEEN 168W AND 177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 25N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 23N150W TO 25N165W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 14N BETWEEN 155W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 25N167E TO 28N160E... 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 15N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 15N140W 01N150W 01N165W 15N175W 
30N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 28N E OF 158W...SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 25N155W TO 29N170W TO 
06N170E TO 07N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 20N E OF 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
22N150W TO 30N165W...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
21N140W TO 19N150W TO 29N175W TO 15N160E. SEAS 9 FT S OF 12N E OF 
170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N175W TO 07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.