Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:28:31 -0600

171 
ATHW40 PHFO 061828
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON DEC 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 06 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE POSITIONED ACROSS 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND STRETCHING OFF TO THE EAST TO 
20N140W. AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS TILTING INTO THE NORTHWEST CORNER 
OF THE AREA FROM 24N173W TO 29N180. THIS TROUGH IS ROTATING 
NORTHEAST AROUND THE LARGE SCALE TROUGH POSITIONED FURTHER TO THE 
NORTHWEST. THE UPPER LEVEL SUBTROPICAL JET REMAINS OVER THE 
SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE AREA SOUTH OF 13N. 

COPIOUS MID AND UPPER LEVEL MOISTURE IS APPARENTLY BEING PULLED 
NORTHWARD BETWEEN THE UPPER TROUGH AND THE UPPER RIDGE OVER THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. ELSEWHERE...THE MID AND UPPER LEVELS ARE DRY.

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT CLOUD FEATURES ARE OVER THE WESTERN AND 
NORTHERN FRINGES OF THE AREA. A LARGE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS WITH 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 45000 FEET IS LOCATED NORTH OF 
20N BETWEEN 168W AND 174W. THESE DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS ARE COVERING 
THE NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN GARDINER PINNACLES AND 40 
MILES EAST OF PEARL AND HERMES ATOLL. ANOTHER WEAKER CLOUD BAND 
WITH ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS UP TO 25000 FEET...IS LOCATED TO THE  
SOUTHWEST NEAR 15N177W AND CONTINUES SOUTH TO THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE NEAR 10N. A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND CONSISTING OF MAINLY 
LOW TOPPED CLOUDS IS DRAPED NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 27N150W 
TO 30N168W...WHICH THEN INTERSECTS WITH THE LARGE AREA OF CLOUDS 
PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLEAR SKIES ARE FOUND OVER THE LAND 
MASSES AND A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS AREA FOUND OVER THE COASTAL 
WATERS. THE BIGGEST LOW CLOUD PATCH IS IN THE AREA 40 TO 80 MILES 
WEST OF KEAHOLE POINT. THE LOW CLOUD FEATURES ARE MOVING TO THE 
NORTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.