Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:45:11 -0600

634 
FZPN40 PHFO 062245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON DEC 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 27N155W TO 30N167W. FRONT MOVING SE 10 KT E 
OF 154W...FRONT MOVING NE SLOWLY W OF 154W. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 E OF 
FRONT N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 29N143W 1011 MB. FRONT FROM 30N141W TO LOW 
TO 27N148W TO 30N162W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 157W AND 
163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED JUST N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 
27N157W TO 30N164W. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT E OF FRONT N OF 27N. 

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 27N177W TO 24N177E MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 167W AND 176W N OF 20N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT W OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N 
W OF 162E. 

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N167W TO 16N178E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 27N160E TO 15N169E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 154W AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 26N W OF 169E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 26N164W TO 18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT S OF A 
LINE FROM 22N140W TO 15N172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF 25N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 22N152W TO 28N170W TO 
17N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 15N E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
18N149W TO 30N166W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF 170W...AND N OF 
25N W OF 170W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N164W TO 11N177E TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 179E.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.