Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:45:59 -0600

041 
ATHW40 PHFO 070045
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 07 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE POSITIONED ACROSS 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND STRETCHING OFF TO THE EAST TO 
20N140W. AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS TILTING INTO THE NORTHWEST CORNER 
OF THE AREA FROM 26N170W TO 30N178W. THIS TROUGH IS ROTATING 
NORTHEAST AROUND THE LARGE SCALE TROUGH POSITIONED FURTHER TO THE 
NORTHWEST. THE UPPER LEVEL SUBTROPICAL JET REMAINS OVER THE 
SOUTHERN PORTION OF THE AREA SOUTH OF 13N. 

MOISTURE IS BEING PULLED NORTHWARD FROM THE TROPICS BETWEEN THE 
UPPER TROUGH AND THE UPPER RIDGE OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
ELSEWHERE...THE MID AND UPPER LEVELS ARE DRY.

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT CLOUD FEATURES ARE OVER THE WESTERN AND 
NORTHERN FRINGES OF THE AREA. A LARGE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS WITH 
SCATTERED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 45000 FEET IS LOCATED 
NORTH OF 20N BETWEEN 166W AND 175W. THESE DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS ARE 
COVERING THE NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN FRENCH FRIGATE 
SHOALS AND 40 MILES SOUTHEAST OF PEARL AND HERMES ATOLL. ANOTHER 
WEAKER CLOUD BAND WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS UP TO 35000 FEET...IS 
LOCATED TO THE SOUTHWEST NEAR 18N175W AND CONTINUES SOUTH SOUTHWEST  
TO THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE NEAR 10N179W. A FRONTAL CLOUD 
BAND CONSISTING OF MAINLY LOW TOPPED CLOUDS IS DRAPED NORTH OF A 
LINE FROM 30N140W TO 26N150W TO 28N165W...WHICH THEN INTERSECTS WITH 
THE LARGE AREA OF CLOUDS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...MAINLY CLEAR SKIES ARE FOUND OVER 
THE COASTAL WATERS WITH LOW CLOUDS DEVELOPING OVER INTERIOR 
PORTIONS OF EACH ISLAND...CONSISTENT WITH A LIGHT WIND PATTERN 
ACROSS THE STATE. THE LARGEST AREA OF LOW CLOUDS IS ON THE LOWER 
SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 8000 FEET COMPLETELY ENCIRCLING THE 
ISLAND. ANOTHER LESS EXTENSIVE LOW CLOUD DECK COVERS THE NORTH SHORE 
AND CENTRAL OAHU AND THE NORTHERN HALF OF KAUAI...EXTENDING LOCALLY 
TO THE NORTH KAUAI COAST. THE FEW LOW CLOUD FEATURES OVER OPEN 
WATERS ARE DRIFTING TO THE NORTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.