Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 20:44:18 -0600

126 
ATPQ40 PGUM 070244
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST TUE DEC 7 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD FROM 1N138E TO 5N137E. ANOTHER 
TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 2N142E TO 7N146E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND SOUTHEAST OF PALAU AND 
SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY EQ140E TO 5N153E TO 
9N149E TO 5N136E BACK TO EQ140E.

A SHEAR LINE EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N141E TO BEYOND 19N AT 
130E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING NEAR IWO TO AND 
ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 5N156E TO 14N163E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND SOUTH OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 140 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N161E TO 10N164E...INCLUDING KOSRAE.

LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS NEAR MAJURO 
BETWEEN 6N AND 8N FROM 170E TO 173E.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.