Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:49:47 -0600

217 
FZPN01 KWBC 070349
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N148W 966 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N140W 
TO 47N129W TO 40N129W TO 30N141W. WITHIN 480 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM S SEMICIRCLE...360 NM NE AND 780 NM NW QUADRANTS AND 
BETWEEN 540 NM AND 900 NM N QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E 
OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N141W 976 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
51N135W TO 48N129W TO 40N128W TO 32N134W. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 
540 NM S QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 420 NM AND 720 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 34 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E AND 720 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS...BETWEEN 360 AND 720 NM N QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM 
NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT 
IN N QUADRANT 8 TO 14 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 51N139W 982 MB. 
BETWEEN 300 AND 780 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 59N BETWEEN 124W AND 
155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N171E 992 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
36N180W TO 32N173W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 360 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N OF 
FRONT...EXCEPT 600 NM E OF 179W AND 360 NM SW AND 480 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N168E 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 37N179W TO 33N170W. WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT W OF 173W WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SW...360 
NM SE AND 720 NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 420 NM N OF A LINE FROM 
46N160E TO 40N173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM N OF A LINE FROM 44N160E TO 40N172E TO 
35N176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 58N177W TO 
52N172W TO 44N166W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 161W AND 174W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.NE OF A LINE FROM 60N168W TO 57N160W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 59N167W TO 57N160W AREAS OF  
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 59N165W TO 57N159W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 64N173E 1007 MB MOVING N 20 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 54N W OF 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 53N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 149W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 50N173E TO 46N166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 45N BETWEEN 168E AND 
164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 168E AND 
160E. 

.HIGH 50N177W 1036 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N177E 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 32N123W 1023 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 19 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W TO 11N102W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 103W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N97W TO 11N102W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 106W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.NW OF A LINE FROM 30N132W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. ELSEWHERE N OF 19N
W OF 120W...EXCEPT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N129W TO 24N140W...WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 30N131W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N128W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 30N135W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 17 TO 20 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N AND W OF 
A LINE FROM 30N122W TO 20N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PORTION.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 30N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 28N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N116W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW CENTER 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N119W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOW CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 
24N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 14N122W TO 
08N126W. WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.TROUGH FROM 19N128W TO 07N133W. N OF 10N W OF TROUGH NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 
19N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
S OF 10N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. S OF 20N W OF 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N88W TO 11N90W 
INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE DEC 07...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N79W TO 10N113W 
THEN RESUMES NEAR 08N119W TO 09N130W THEN RESUMES NEAR 09N135W 
TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.