Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:45:11 -0600

982 
FZPN40 PHFO 070445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 27N153W TO 30N166W. FRONT MOVING SE 10 KT E 
OF 153W...FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY W OF 153W. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 N OF 
26N E OF 146W
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 29N159W 1008 MB. FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 
26N147W TO LOW TO 30N165W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 27N158W 
TO 30N164W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 154W.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 27N175W TO 25N178W MOVING E 10 KT. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 165W AND 175W N OF 18N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 23N164W TO 17N179W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 26N160E TO 21N166E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.

.48 HOUR FORECAST SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N W OF 166E. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 14N BETWEEN 155W AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 26N W OF 169E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 26N166W TO 17N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT S OF A 
LINE FROM 22N140W TO 15N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF 25N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 22N153W TO 27N173W TO 
16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 15N E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
18N148W TO 30N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF 166W...AND N OF 
25N W OF 166W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N167W TO 11N177E TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 179E.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.