Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 23:30:01 -0600

253 
ATHW40 PHFO 070529
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 07 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 43.8N 147.8W... 
ABOUT 1630 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF OAHU AT 7 PM. THE LOW HAS BEEN 
MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST AROUND 15 MPH OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS. 
WATER VAPOR ALSO SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS...WHICH HAS BEEN WEAKENING OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS. 
ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 37.1N 171.4E...MORE THAN 2100 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF OAHU AT 7 PM. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS 
EXTEND FROM THE UPPER LOW TO 30N 175W.

THE SYSTEM TO THE WEST OF THE ISLANDS HAS HAD THUNDERSTORMS 
ASSOCIATED WITH IT IN TWO MAIN AREAS. THE EASTERN MOST AREA OF 
THUNDERSTORMS HAS BEEN ALONG A LINE FROM 22.7N 167.7W TO 31.5N 
163.8W. THE SECOND AREA HAS BEEN ALONG A LINE FROM 22.8N 174.4W TO 
31.1N 169.5W.

THE LEADING EDGE OF A LOW CLOUD BAND NORTH OF THE ISLANDS WHICH IS 
ASSOCIATED WITH BOTH UPPER LEVEL SYSTEMS MENTIONED ABOVE IS ABOUT 
315 MILES NORTH OF OAHU AT 7 PM.

DUE TO THE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OVER THE ISLANDS...RELATIVELY DRY 
CONDITIONS EXIST OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. JUST A FEW CLOUDS 
ARE NOTED UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS. THE CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE BIG 
ISLAND ARE MOVING IN FROM THE EAST AROUND 15 MPH...WHILE CLOUDS NEAR 
KAUAI ARE MOVING IN FROM THE SOUTHEAST AROUND 15 MPH.

SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE OVER NIIHAU AND KAUAI AT 7 PM. ON 
OAHU...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE 
NORTHERN HALF OF OAHU. MAUI COUNTY HAS THE FEWEST CLOUDS OVERHEAD 
THIS EVENING...WITH JUST FEW CLOUDS OVER HALAWA VALLEY ON 
MOLOKAI...OVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI...AND OVER THE SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA. CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE BIG ISLAND...WITH CLOUDS 
COVERING MOST OF THE SLOPES UP TO AROUND 10000 FEET.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.