Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 03:53:31 -0600

962 
FZPN01 KWBC 070953
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N147W 972 MB MOVING E 10 KT THROUGH 12 HOURS...THEN 
TURNING NE. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N144W TO 52N131W TO 45N127W TO 
30N140W. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 600 NM W QUADRANT AND WITHIN 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 37 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
41N152W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N AND 720 NM S 
SEMICIRCLES...BETWEEN 480 NM AND 900 NM NW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 
180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 48N140W 979 MB. 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 120 NM 
AND 420 AND NW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST IN S QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 33N TO 57N BETWEEN 124W AND 151W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N142W 984 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 600 NM 
S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 56N BETWEEN 124W AND 151W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 38N170E 992 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
38N176E TO 34N176W TO 31N170W. WITHIN 360 NM N OF FRONT W OF 
177W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 
NM N OF FRONT AND 360 NM S AND SW AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N167E 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 38N177E TO 35N173W TO 33N169W. WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT W OF 
176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 
NM SW...300 NM S 780 NM N QUADRANTS AND 660 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 174E 
AND 160E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
48N164E. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM N OF A LINE FROM 42N160E TO 
36N175E TO 34N177W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 58N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N 
TO 61N BETWEEN 153W AND 173W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 174W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.NE OF A LINE FROM 60N167W TO 57N160W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 59N166W TO 57N159W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N BETWEEN 158W AND 164W AREAS OF LIGHT 
TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 57N W OF 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 54N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 50N173E TO 46N166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS SW OF A LINE 
FROM 42N167E TO 50N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 169E AND 
160E. 

.HIGH 52N174E 1035 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N177E 1040 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 50N177W 1037 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 55N177E ABOVE. 

.HIGH 32N123W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 19 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 95W AND 105W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 13N BETWEEN 
93W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 
08N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 113W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.NW OF A LINE FROM 30N131W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. N OF 23N BETWEEN 
117W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N128W TO 23N140W SW WIND 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF LINE FROM 20N118W TO 18N132W TO 18N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N E 
OF 117W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N118W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. TROUGH FROM 17N130W TO 09N130W. 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 23N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N125W TO 08N128W. FROM 14N TO 
22N BETWEEN 123W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 18N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N128W TO 08N132W. FROM 08N TO 
18N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 30N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 28N NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 
80W AND 90W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA...NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PANAMA...NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 
05N E OF 80W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N88W TO 11N90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE DEC 07...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 09N118W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW PRES. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.