Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 04:45:10 -0600

594 
FZPN40 PHFO 071045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 26N156W TO 30N165W. FRONT MOVING SE SLOWLY E 
OF 156W...FRONT MOVING NE SLOWLY W OF 153W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 27N E OF 144W
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 29N159W 1008 MB. FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 
26N147W TO LOW TO 30N165W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 27N158W 
TO 30N164W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 154W.

.CONVERGENCE ZONE FROM 30N169W TO 25N172W TO 21N177W MOVING SE 15 
KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF CONVERGENCE ZONE.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N160W TO 17N172E TO 18N168E TO 27N160E. E 
OF 180W RIDGE NEARLY STATIONARY...W OF 180W RIDGE MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 24N167E 1013 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N175E 1015 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 27N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 166E AND 169E. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 29N E OF 155W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 30N169E 
TO 25N160E...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 
15N160E. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT BOUNDED BY 21N140W 10N140W 00N145W 00N170W 
15N175W 21N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
23N150W TO 30N165W...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
21N140W TO 20N150W TO 29N175W TO 10N165E TO 10N160E. SEAS 9 FT S OF 
15N E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 
15N150W TO 30N160W...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E AND N OF A LINE 
FROM 00N170W TO 25N170W TO 15N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N160W TO 08N170W TO 10N175E TO 08N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ E OF 175W AND WITHIN 
180 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 162E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.