Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 06:39:55 -0600

021 
ATHW40 PHFO 071239
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 07 2010

THE UPPER LEVEL LOW NORTH NORTHEAST OF OAHU WAS NEAR 42.7N 146.0W AT 
2 AM...ABOUT 1610 MILES AWAY. BASED ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY 
ANIMATION...OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS THE LOW HAS BEGUN TO 
CHANGE DIRECTION FROM MOVING TOWARDS THE SOUTHEAST TO A MORE 
EASTERLY DIRECTION. WATER VAPOR ALSO SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW ABOUT 
2250 MILES NORTHWEST OF OAHU NEAR 38.7N 169.5W. WHILE EARLIER A 
COUPLE LINES OF THUNDERSTORMS WERE NOTED ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE 
REFLECTION OF THIS SYSTEM...AS OF 2 AM...A SINGLE LINE OF ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS IS OBSERVED ON INFRARED IMAGERY. THIS LINE EXTEND FROM 
17N 178W TO 31N 164W...WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING NEAR 43 THOUSAND 
FEET. 

THE NORTHERN END OF THE THUNDERSTORMS MENTIONED ABOVE MERGE WITH A 
LOW CLOUD BAND THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM TO THE NORTH 
NORTHEAST OF OAHU. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE CLOUD BAND IS ABOUT 320 
MILES NORTH OF OAHU AT 2 AM. DURING THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS...THE 
PORTION OF THE BAND NORTH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS HAS BEGUN TO 
SLOWLY LIFT TO THE NORTH. 

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE CONTINUES TO BRING OVERALL DRY CONDITIONS TO 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS OVERNIGHT...HOWEVER THE AMPLITUDE OF THE 
RIDGE IS BEGINNING TO DECREASE. DESPITE THE OVERALL DRIER AIR OVER 
THE ISLANDS...A BATCH OF LOW CLOUDS IS PASSING OVER KAUAI FROM THE 
SOUTH...SPREADING CLOUDS ACROSS THE GARDEN ISLE. JUST A FEW CLOUDS 
ARE NOTED OVER THE REMAINING ISLANDS. 

LOW CLOUDS NORTH OF KAUAI ARE NOW MOVING ALMOST DUE NORTH AROUND 15 
MPH...WHILE LOW CLOUDS SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND ARE MOVING IN FROM 
THE EAST. THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE NOTED...GENERALLY MOVING FROM WEST TO 
EAST NORTH OF THE ISLANDS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.