Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:02:40 -0600

542 
FZPN01 KWBC 071602
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N146W 976 MB MOVING SE 10 KT BUT WILL TURN NE. WITHIN 420 
NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT...AND 960 NM NW...W...AND E QUADRANTS  
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 50N140W 980 
MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 
WITHIN 840 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 52N138W 987 
MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 660 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 57N E OF 
152W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 38N169E 993 MB MOVING NW 10 KT WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 41N169E TO 30N165W. WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 169E 
AND 179W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM N OF FRONT AND WITHIN 480 NM W AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N166E 1000 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER 
TO 32N169W. WITHIN 720 NM N QUADRANT AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM 
N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 480 NM N AND E OF A 
FRONT FROM 49N160E TO 39N172E TO 33N177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 27 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 50N163E. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 61N BETWEEN 
155W AND 174W AREA OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 174W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 59N166W TO 57N159W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 35N167E 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 57N W OF 173W AREA OF W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 164E AND 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 50N 
W OF 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 41N AND W OF 172E. 

.HIGH 53N175E 1038 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N177E 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N179E 1038 MB. 

.HIGH 50N179W 1037 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 55N177E NOTED ABOVE. 

.HIGH 32N124W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
12.5N98W TO 11N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
A LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 106W AND 114W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.NW OF A LINE FROM 30N131W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. N OF 27N E OF 
118W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 23N TO 27N  
BETWEEN 117W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N126W TO 21N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. 
N OF 27N E OF 118W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 27N117W TO 20N124W TO 10N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
SEAS NEAR 29N130W. N OF 27N E OF 117W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N120W 1010 MB. SURFACE TROUGH FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 13N114W. WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW CENTER WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. N OF TROUGH TO 15N NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 23N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N120W TO 10N122W. FROM 08N TO 
21N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 
08N TO 15N BETWEEN 115W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 13N127W TO 10N128W. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 15N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 26N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 05N E OF 80W SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 05N E OF 80W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 12N E OF 80W INCLUDING GULF OF FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE DEC 07...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO 06N100N TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 09N120W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W. SIMILAR CONVECTION 
IS NEAR 12N128W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.