Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:50:50 -0600

146 
FZPN40 PHFO 071650
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 26N150W TO 27N155W TO 30N164W. FRONT MOVING 
SE SLOWLY E OF 155W AND NE SLOWLY W OF 155W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 27N E OF 143W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 29N162W 1010 MB. FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 
28N145W TO LOW TO 30N166W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N163W 1008 MB. FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 27N155W 
THROUGH LOW TO 18N175E. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
FRONT E OF 156W.

.CONVERGENCE ZONE FROM 30N166W TO 24N171W TO 17N178W MOVING SE 15 
KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF CONVERGENCE ZONE.

.HIGH 23N165E 1012 MB MOVING NE SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM 18N180W TO 
19N174E THROUGH HIGH TO 30N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N170E 1014 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N175E 1015 MB.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NEAR 30N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NW OF A 
LINE FROM 30N166E TO 28N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 27N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 30N160W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 25N156W TO 28N168W TO 
16N170E TO 16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT BOUNDED BY 20N140W 10N140W 
00N145W 00N170W 15N175W 20N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
23N150W TO 30N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
21N140W TO 20N150W TO 29N175W TO 10N165E TO 10N160E. SEAS 9 FT S OF 
15N E OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 
15N150W TO 30N160W...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E AND N OF A LINE 
FROM 00N170W TO 25N170W TO 15N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N155W TO 08N180W TO 06N170E TO 06N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ E OF 180W AND WITHIN 
60 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 164E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.