Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:00:13 -0600

764 
ATHW40 PHFO 071800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC DECEMBER 07 2010

A SMALL AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS THAT HAS BEEN MOVING 
FROM THE SOUTH IS AFFECTING THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI THIS MORNING.  
SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR ELSEWHERE AROUND THE ISLAND CHAIN AND 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS LESS THAN 10 MPH 
STATEWIDE...FROM THE EAST JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING TO 
THE SOUTH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

A FRONT IS ABOUT 380 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI.  THE PORTION OF THE 
BOUNDARY EAST OF 151W HAS RECENTLY BEEN HEADING EAST TO SOUTHEAST 
SLOWLY...WHILE THE SEGMENT WEST OF 151W HAS BEEN SLOWLY PUSHING TO 
THE NORTHEAST.  MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE SYSTEM ARE CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N137W TO 
25N149W TO 30N163W.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING NORTH OF 28N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 166W.  MORE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE IGNITING 
ALONG A WIND-CONVERGENT BAND...WITHIN 70 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 28N165W TO 24N170W TO 20N175.5W.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE MODERATE- 
INTENSITY CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 06N TO 09.5N BETWEEN 136W AND 
176W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.