Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:12:53 -0600

840 
FZPN01 KWBC 072212
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 07. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 08. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 09. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N143W 977 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 360 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 
49N139W TO 45N131W TO 40N133W TO 33N141W...AND WITHIN 420 NM W 
OF A FRONT FROM 44N149W TO 52N153W TO 57N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 50N140W 980 
MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 780 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 180 
NM AND 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT... 
HIGHEST NEAR 44N131W. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 
NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 900 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 52N139W 989 
MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM S AND E SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N169E 994 MB MOVING NW 05 KT WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 41N169E TO 34N176W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM N QUADRANT...WITHIN 360 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N166E 1001 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER 
TO 34N173W. WITHIN 720 NM N QUADRANT AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM 
N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 420 NM N AND E OF A 
FRONT FROM 51N161E TO 46N167E TO 39N172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N164E. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N176W 1008 MB MOVING SE 15 KT WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
30N164W. WITHIN 360 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N168W 1010 MB. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 35N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 171W AND 179W AREA 
OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 40N157W TO 41N166W TO 47N174W 
TO 60N AREA OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 53N155W TO 45N163W TO 39N173W 
TO 60N AREA OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 59N166W TO 57N159W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N167E 1007 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE WITHIN 660 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 163E AND 173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 40N TO 50N 
W OF 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 41N BETWEEN 163E AND 172E. 

.HIGH 53N175E 1038 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N178E 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N179E 1037 MB. 

.HIGH 31N124W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 07.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 08.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 09.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
14N95W TO 12N97W TO 11N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15.5N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N100W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.NW OF A LINE FROM 30N130W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. FROM 21N TO 25N 
BETWEEN 119W AND 128W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N124W TO 
22N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL... 
HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. N OF 27N E OF 118W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 117W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 14N AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N116W 
TO 20N120W TO 14N127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN 
NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N128W.

.TROUGH FROM 14N118W TO 07N124W. WITHIN 240 NM NW OF TROUGH N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. S OF 10N WITHIN 300 NM SE 
OF TROUGH SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 
14N W OF TROUGH AND FROM 14N TO 21N W OF 119W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 124W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N122W TO 07N127W. FROM 07N TO 
14N W OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 14N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 14N127W TO 07N132W. FROM 
07N TO 14N W OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 130W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. S OF 07N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 30N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 24N TO 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 25N TO 30N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 80W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 80W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 80W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 05N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 81W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE DEC 07...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N78W TO 07N100W TO 
10N120W THEN RESUMES NEAR 08N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS 
W OF 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.