Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:45:11 -0600

422 
FZPN40 PHFO 072245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE DEC 07 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 07 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 08 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 09 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 26N149W TO 28N160W TO 30N164W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 NM S OF FRONT E OF 145W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 30N164W 1010 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 28N157W 
TO 30N151W TO 29N140W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N162W 1005 MB. WARM FRONT FROM LOW TO 
30N152W. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 21N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
120 NM S OF A LINE FROM 30N151W TO 24N165W.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N171W TO 23N178W MOVING SE 10 KT. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGING WITH PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED LOW FROM 
30N164W TO 22N174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH SYSTEM MENTIONED ABOVE. 

.HIGH 24N167E 1012 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
30N160E...AND FROM HIGH TO 20N173E TO 20N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N170E 1013 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED NORTH OF AREA.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST W OF AREA NEAR 30N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 30N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 28N W OF 173E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 26N150W TO 30N163W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 24N153W TO 
30N166W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 26N170E TO 
18N164E TO 19N160E...ALSO E OF 170W BETWEEN 10N AND 15N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 
20N148W TO 25N160W TO 30N164W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE 
FROM 00N165W TO 15N148W TO 30N174W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 
30N178W TO 26N172E TO 29N165E TO 26N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE FROM 11N150W TO 
15N152W TO 24N145W TO 25N159W TO 30N154W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
E OF A LINE FROM 00N165W TO 10N160W TO 25N170W TO 30N178E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N160W TO 08N180W TO 08N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 180W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.