Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:00:11 -0600

969 
ATHW40 PHFO 080000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC DECEMBER 07 2010

SKIES ARE MOSTLY SUNNY ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE AND ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  ONLY SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDINESS EXIST OVER MAUKA AND CENTRAL PORTIONS OF OAHU...CENTRAL 
LANAI...AND LOWER UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF WINDWARD EAST MAUI AND THE BIG 
ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS NEAR 10 MPH STATEWIDE...FROM THE EAST 
JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING TO THE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST 
MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

A FRONT IS NEARLY STATIONARY APPROXIMATELY 400 MILES NORTH OF 
KAUAI.  MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE BOUNDARY ARE CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N136W TO 26N147W 
TO 28N156W TO 30N160W...AND SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
EVIDENT NORTH OF 26.5N BETWEEN 159W AND 161.5W.

ANOTHER FRONT HAS BEEN ORGANIZING WEST OF THE ISLANDS WHERE A 
WIND-CONVERGENT BAND OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS HAS BEEN ACTIVE. 
CONVECTION WITH THIS BOUNDARY IS JUST WEST OF A LINE 30N165W TO 
26N163W TO 20N173W.  THE FRONT HAS BEGUN TO MOVE TO THE EAST AND 
SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH.

ONLY LIMITED CONVECTION IS OCCURRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS 
FIRING FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 134W AND 143W...FROM 07N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 158W...AND FROM 06.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 172W AND 179W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.