Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 22:08:05 -0600

137 
FZPN01 KWBC 080407
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED DEC 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N140W 976 MB MOVING NE 20 KT NEXT 12 HOURS THEN TURNING 
N. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
18 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 240 
NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 50N140W TO 49N130W TO 44N127W TO 
39N130W...AND WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W OF A TROUGH FROM 45N150W TO 
47N152W TO 54N153W TO 57N151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 51N140W 983 
MB. FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 135W AND 149W AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 
420 NM E AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT... 
HIGHEST NEAR 44N130W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N139W 990 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM SE AND 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N169E 996 MB MOVING NW 15 KT WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 41N167E TO 33N172W. WITHIN 480 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW AND 
WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 780 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 540 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY ANOTHER LOW W OF AREA NEAR 
44N151E 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N160E TO 41N170E TO 
33N172E. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT W OF 172E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 20 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 39N W OF 163E AND WITHIN 360 NM 
N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 55N147E 972 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
OF FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 53N166E. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N172W 1008 MB MOVING SE 15 KT WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
30N165W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N164W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 33N172W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N158W 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
A LINE FROM 35N142W TO 35N155W TO 33N168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 167W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N164W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 165W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NW 
AND W OF A LINE FROM 58N151W TO 48N160W TO 30N168W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT EXCEPT S OF 52N 8 TO 14 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
42N168W.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.NE AND N OF A LINE FROM 57N59W TO 59N165W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE AND N OF A LINE FROM 57N159W TO 58N167W AND 
S OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION OVER FORECAST WATERS E 
OF A LINE FROM 62N177W TO 50N174W TO 32N148W AND W OF 124W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 21 FT IN MIXED SWELL EXCEPT IN BERING SEA 
11 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION N OF A 
LINE FROM 41N124W TO 37N140W TO 38N160W TO 43N176W AND S OF 62N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT EXCEPT N OF 56N 12 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N167E 1008 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE WITHIN 480 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N162E 1006 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 163E AND 170E AND OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 46N TO 51N W 
OF 162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N W OF 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 164E AND 172E. 

.HIGH 53N176E 1039 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N179E 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N180W 1037 MB. 

.HIGH 32N124W 1024 MB DRIFTING SW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N127W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N129W 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 10.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
15N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 106W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 104W AND 111W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 104W AND 111W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 11N99W TO 10N102W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.NW OF A LINE FROM 30N132W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE 
FROM 30N130W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL. FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 17 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 15N AND W OF 
A LINE FROM 30N120W TO 20N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PORTION. N OF 27N E OF 118W NW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN 114W AND 120W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 130W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
10N AND W OF A LINE FROM 26N114W TO 10N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N CENTRAL PORTION.

.TROUGH FROM 15N120W TO 08N124W. WITHIN 180 NM NW OF TROUGH NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF TROUGH SE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 20N W OF 117W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 06N W OF 130W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH WEAKENING FROM 15N124W TO 08N128W. FROM 
08N TO 15N W OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N W OF 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 30N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 26N TO 29N NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 07.5N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 01N TO 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 83W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 83W SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N E OF 80W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED DEC 08...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N77W TO 07N100W TO 
10N120W THEN RESUMES NEAR 09N124W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS W OF 138W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.