Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 22:45:10 -0600

002 
FZPN40 PHFO 080445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 26N147W TO 29N159W TO 28N162W TO 
30N165W. COLD FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 25N168W TO 21N177W MOVING E 20 
KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT W OF 155W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM S OF FRONTS W OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N164W 1008 MB. WARM FRONT FROM LOW TO 
28N158W TO 30N153W. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 21N173W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 60 NM OF WARM FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N157W 1003 MB. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 
22N169W. SECOND COLD FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 28N174W TO 30N177W. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA N OF SECOND FRONT. 

.HIGH 24N168E 1013 MB MOVING E 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
24N160E...AND FROM HIGH TO 21N179E MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 26N171E 1015 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED NORTH OF AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 21N158W TO 21N175W MOVING SLOWLY SE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST W OF AREA NEAR 30N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 29N W OF 166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 27N172E. COLD FRONT 
FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF COLD 
FRONT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 25N150W TO 30N163W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 23N154W TO 
30N166W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 18N160E...ALSO 
E OF 170W S OF 15N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
18N147W TO 23N157W TO 30N164W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE 
FROM 00N165W TO 10N149W TO 30N174W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 27N W OF 
177W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N165W TO 
21N168W TO 30N179E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N170W TO 08N180W TO 06N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 180W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.