Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 23:29:52 -0600

750 
ATHW40 PHFO 080529
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 08 2010

TO THE NORTH...A BAND OF CLOUD LAYERS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES MOSTLY TO COMPLETELY NORTH OF THE CURVE FROM 
30N 168W TO 26N 159W TO 28N 140W...THOUGH THIN LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FEATURE ALSO PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES IN 
PLACES AS FAR SOUTH AS 22N. WHILE THE LAYERS COMPOSING THIS BAND 
STARTED TO SHEAR APART...MOVING AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS DEPENDING ON 
HEIGHT...THEY REMAINED FAIRLY DEEP AND DENSE. THIS FEATURE AS A 
WHOLE SHIFTED NORTH SLOWLY.

TO THE NORTHWEST...SCATTERED TOWERING CUMULI...ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS...AND THEIR LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS WITHIN 125 MILES OF 
THE LINE FROM 17N 180 TO 28N 157W MARKED ANOTHER FRONT. THIS FEATURE 
REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY.

FURTHER NORTHWEST...DENSE LAYERED HIGH TO MIDDLE CLOUDS ASSOCIATED 
WITH A JET STREAM OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES WITHIN 320 MILES OF THE 
POINT 27N 175W.

TO THE SOUTH...VERY LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 10N AND 07N...MOSTLY EAST OF 162W. LAYERED MIDDLE TO 
HIGH DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION MOSTLY TO 
PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES FROM 13N TO 05N.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI. THESE CLOUDS MERGED INTO LOOSE 
CLUMPS AND BANDS UP TO ABOUT 900 MILES LONG AND 360 MILES WIDE... 
THOUGH MOST CLUMPS WERE MUCH SMALLER. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY MOVED 
TOWARD THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR...THOUGH NEAR THE FRONTS 
THEY TURNED TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AND THEN THE NORTH. THEY TYPICALLY 
ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET...THOUGH TALLER CUMULI 
APPROACHED 12000 FEET.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...THIN LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS PARTLY 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES FROM MAUI COUNTY NORTH. LOWER CLOUD COVER 
CONSISTED MOSTLY OF LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM DAYTIME CUMULUS 
BUILDUPS INLAND...THOUGH A FEW MARINE CUMULI ALSO MOVED ASHORE ALONG 
SLOPES FACING EAST. AREAS WITH THE GREATEST CLOUD COVER INCLUDED 
CENTRAL KAUAI...NORTH-CENTRAL OAHU...ALL MIDDLE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA 
ON MAUI...MOST LOWER TO MIDDLE SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND CLOCKWISE 
FROM SOUTH HILO TO KAU DISTRICTS...AND MOST LOWER SLOPES OF NORTH 
AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY 
ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 7000 TO 8000 FEET. RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE 
ISLANDS SHOWED ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.