Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 04:40:04 -0600

270 
FZPN01 KWBC 081039 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED...SEE PARAGRAPH 3 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED DEC 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N138W 976 MB MOVING NE 20 KT NEXT 12 HOURS THEN TURNING 
NW. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND SW AND 360 NM E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 
50N141W DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N138W 978 MB MOVING W 10 KT NEXT 12 HOURS THEN TURNING S 
AND WILL TURN NE 10 KT AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
54N134W TO 53N130W TO 45N126W TO 39N128W. BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 
THE COAST AND WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N141W 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SE AND 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
21 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 44N128W WITH SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N138W 991 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 900 NM 
SE AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N133W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N168E 999 MB MOVING NW 15 KT WITH FRONT 43N166E TO 
39N175E TO 33N172W. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS OF LOW 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
EXCEPT 720 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 600 NM N OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY ANOTHER LOW W OF AREA NEAR 
46N151E 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 49N143N170E TO 36N176E TO 
32N172W. WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT W OF 172E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 163E AND WITHIN 360 NM 
N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ALSO N OF A LINE 
FROM 38N160E TO 33N170E AND WITHIN 600 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA. WITHIN 540 NM E AND NE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N164E TO 30N170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 480 NM W OF A LINE FROM 58N160W TO 47N154W AREA OF N TO 
NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 58N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N166W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 165W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NW 
AND W OF A LINE FROM 58N149W TO 30N164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT EXCEPT S OF 53N 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N169W 1008 MB MOVING SE 15 KT NEXT 36 HOURS THEN TURNING 
MORE NE WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 30N160W. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N163W 1008 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM  
32N172W TO LOW CENTER. WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N154W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF A LINE FROM 37N140W TO 37N152W TO 33N164W WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.NE AND N OF A LINE FROM 57N59W TO 59N167W AND S OF 60N AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 58N168W AND S OF 
61N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION OVER FORECAST WATERS E 
OF A LINE FROM 62N177W TO 53N177W TO 43N171W TO 36N156W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 23 FT IN MIXED SWELL EXCEPT IN BERING SEA 11 
FT OR LESS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 44N156E 996 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 38N TO 46N W OF 162E AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT WITH SE SWELL.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 41N TO 49N W OF 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N W OF 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 40N BETWEEN 164E AND 172E. 

.HIGH 54N177E 1040 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N179E 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N180W 1037 MB. 

.HIGH 32N123W 1025 MB DRIFTING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N126W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 10.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
15N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N97W TO 09N103W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 14N BETWEEN 
93W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 108W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 10N106W TO 08N110W. FROM 07N TO 
10N BETWEEN 106W AND 112W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N110W TO 07N113W. FROM 08N TO 
10N BETWEEN 110W AND 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.NW OF LINE FROM 20N129W TO 25N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. FROM 07N TO 18N W OF 117W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 08N W OF 118W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 118W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
27N113W TO 04N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL. S OF 04N W OF 130W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 30N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 83W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N E OF 80W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0600 UTC WED DEC 08...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 06N90W TO 
09N125W TO 07N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 124W 
AND 126W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.