Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 04:45:08 -0600

706 
FZPN40 PHFO 081045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 26N165W TO 24N173W TO 25N179W MOVING ESE 10 
KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 20N173W TO 
28N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N165W 1008MB.  FRONT FROM LOW TO 25N167W TO 
19N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF 30N.  FRONT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
FROM 30N156W TO 24N163W TO 19N171W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 480 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 24N.

.FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 27N146W TO 27N159W MOVING N SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF 30N.

.HIGH 25N167E 1014 MB MOVING ENE 10 KT.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 21N160E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 20N179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 26N171E 1013MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N154W TO 21N177W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 22N150W TO 24N140W.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 28N175W TO 
14N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 14N E OF 172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 
15N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N160E TO 28N172E TO 
24N172W TO 00S166W TO 00N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N157W TO 
30N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 
00S165W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 24N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N170W TO 06N178W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.