Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 06:02:11 -0600

653 
ATHW40 PHFO 081202
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 08 2010

TO THE NORTH...A BAND OF CLOUD LAYERS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES MOSTLY TO COMPLETELY NORTH OF THE CURVE FROM 
30N 168W TO 26N 158W TO 30N 142W...THOUGH THIN LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FEATURE ALSO PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES IN 
PLACES AS FAR SOUTH AS 22N. WHILE THE LAYERS COMPOSING THIS BAND 
STARTED TO SHEAR APART...MOVING AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS DEPENDING ON 
HEIGHT...THEY REMAINED FAIRLY DEEP AND DENSE. THIS FEATURE AS A 
WHOLE SHIFTED NORTH SLOWLY.

CLOSER TO THE NORTHWEST...SCATTERED TOWERING CUMULI AND 
THUNDERSTORMS...AND THEIR LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS WITHIN 125 MILES OF 
THE LINE FROM 17N 180 TO 27N 158W...MARKED ANOTHER FRONT. THIS 
FEATURE REMAINED NEARLY STATIONARY.

FURTHER NORTHWEST...DENSE LAYERED HIGH TO MIDDLE CLOUDS ASSOCIATED 
WITH A JET STREAM OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES NORTH OF THE CURVE FROM 
30N 176W TO 23N 176W TO 26N 166W TO 30N 163W.

TO THE SOUTH...VERY LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 10N AND 07N...MOSTLY EAST OF 165W. LAYERED MIDDLE TO 
HIGH DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION MOSTLY TO PARTLY 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES FROM 12N TO 04N.

MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND LOW TO MIDDLE STRATUS LAYERS ORGANIZED INTO 
NOTICEABLE BANDS AS WIND CONVERGED SOUTHEAST OF THE FRONTS. ONE AREA 
OF CONVERGENCE WAS LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE LINE FROM 17N 
160W TO 29N 144W...EXCEPT FOR A GAP OVER THE BIG ISLAND. THE CLOUDS 
MAKING UP THIS FEATURE WERE FAIRLY WELL DEVELOPED...EVEN INCLUDING A 
THUNDERSTORM NEAR ITS SOUTHWEST END. A LESS DEVELOPED AREA OF 
CONVERGENCE WAS LOCATED WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE LINE FROM 13N 154W 
TO 22N 142W. THE CLOUDS COMPOSING THIS FEATURE WERE LESS DEVELOPED 
AND GENERALLY LOWER IN HEIGHT.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
FRAGMENTED MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY 
MOVED TOWARD THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR...THOUGH NEAR THE 
FRONTS THEY TURNED TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AND THEN THE NORTH. THEY 
TYPICALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET...THOUGH TALLER 
CUMULI APPROACHED 15000 FEET.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MOSTLY OF A 
FEW SPARSE MARINE CUMULI MOVING ASHORE ALONG SLOPES FACING EAST. 
LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM DAYTIME CUMULUS BUILDUPS ON TUESDAY HAD 
DISSIPATED FOR THE MOST PART. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS 
OF 4000 TO 5000 FEET. RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED 
ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.