Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:41:58 -0600

585 
FZPN01 KWBC 081541
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED DEC 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N137W 976 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 720 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. WITHIN 660 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
51N139W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N141W 979 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 420 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
WITHIN 960 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N139W 987 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SE AND 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N137W 995 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N167E 1005 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY ANOTHER LOW W OF AREA NEAR 
49N152E 979 MB. FROM 44N TO 54N W OF 171E WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 55N W OF 176E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. WITHIN 420 NM E AND NE OF 
A LINE FROM 52N163E TO 38N172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 480 NM W OF A LINE FROM 58N160W TO 43N154W AREA OF N TO 
NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 60N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N170W 1011 MB MOVING SE 15 KT THEN TURNING NE AFTER 24 
HOURS. WITHIN 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA NEAR 29N162W 1005 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N149W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N169E 1003 MB. EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS FROM 57N TO 60N BETWEEN 158W AND 165W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 55N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W AND 165W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION OVER FORECAST WATERS E 
OF A LINE FROM 62N175W TO 50N175W TO 42N168W TO 35N154W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 FT IN MIXED SWELL...HIGHEST E OF 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N146W 999 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. WITHIN 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 44N157E 993 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 38N TO 46N W OF 165E AREA OF WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 40N TO 50N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 40N170E TO 46N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE 
FROM 38N170E TO 46N160E. 

.HIGH 54N176E 1040 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N178E 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N180W 1036 MB. 

.FORECASTER SCOVIL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 10.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 11N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 09N103W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 99W AND 109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.NW OF LINE FROM 30N126W TO 21N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW. FROM 06N TO 17N W OF 118W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 15N W OF 133W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 
13N128W TO 06N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 119W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 25N112W 
TO 00N131W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N89W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 83W 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N E OF 80W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED DEC 08...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 05N92W TO 
11N124W TO 09N128W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 126W AND 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.