Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:45:13 -0600

128 
FZPN40 PHFO 081645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 29N153W TO 30N167W MOVING N SLOWLY.  
DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 29N164W TO 26N164W TO 22N170W MOVING E 10 
KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N151W 25N159W 
17N179W 24N171W 30N151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N162W 1005MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 
23N171W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF 30N.  FRONT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
FROM 30N155W TO 22N166W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT 
N OF 24N.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 25N160E.

.HIGH 25N169E 1015 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 20N160E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 21N180W TO 21N171E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N175E 1016MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 21N170W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 22N150W TO 24N140W.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 28N175W TO 
14N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 14N E OF 172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 
15N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N160E TO 28N172E TO 
24N172W TO 00S166W TO 00N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N157W TO 
30N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 
00S165W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 24N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N169W TO 07N178W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 163W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.