Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:13:47 -0600

437 
FZPN01 KWBC 082213
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED DEC 08 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 08. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 09. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 10. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N135W 982 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 720 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. WITHIN 600 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
52N137W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N141W 979 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
WITHIN 960 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N137W 988 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SE AND 600 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N137W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 36N180W TO 46N160E WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 36N180W TO 46N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 480 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 36N180W TO 
48N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. WITHIN 480 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 40N171E TO 46N160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 480 NM W OF A LINE FROM 58N160W TO 43N154W AREA OF N TO 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 60N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N170W 1010 MB MOVING SE 15 KT THEN TURNING NE AFTER 24 
HOURS. WITHIN 420 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA NEAR 28N165W 1006 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N147W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N150W 999 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N170E 1003 MB. EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 420 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS FROM 57N TO 60N BETWEEN 158W AND 165W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 55N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W AND 165W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION OVER FORECAST WATERS E 
OF A LINE FROM 62N175W TO 50N175W TO 42N168W TO 35N154W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 FT IN MIXED SWELL...HIGHEST E OF 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 45N156E 993 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 37N TO 46N W OF 165E AREA OF WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 40N TO 50N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 420 NM N AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 40N170E TO 46N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE 
FROM 38N170E TO 46N160E. 

.HIGH 55N176E 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N178E 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N125W 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER SCOVIL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 08.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 09.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 10.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.09 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 13.5N96W N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
13.5N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 
16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.09 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...REMAINDER OF 
AREA WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...REMAINDER OF 
AREA WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 
11N101W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 10N100W TO 09N103W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 
08N TO 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.N OF 21N AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N124W TO 21N125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 116W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N CENTRAL 
PORTION.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN 114W AND 120W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 114W 
AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 
20N TO 25N W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 23N110W TO 
00N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.TROUGH FROM 17N125W TO 08N129W. N OF 12N WITHIN 180 NM OF 
TROUGH WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 21N W 
OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND 
NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA S OF 17N W OF 117W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 17N131W TO 08N135W. FROM 
08N TO 17N W OF 124W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PORTION. S OF 08N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH ABOVE.

.FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 106W AND 114W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH PARAGRAPH ABOVE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N90W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 07.5N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 81W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 06N E OF 81W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 81W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 80W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED DEC 08...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N80W TO 05N94W TO 
08N105W TO 10N126W THEN RESUMES NEAR 09N130W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 127W AND 
133W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.