Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:45:10 -0600

278 
FZPN40 PHFO 082245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED DEC 08 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 08 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 09 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 10 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 28N164W 1010 MB MOVING ENE SLOWLY. WARM FRONT FROM LOW TO 
30N152W NEARLY STATIONARY. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 22N169W TO 
17N177W MOVING E SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 
152W AND 160W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF COLD FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N159W 1006 MB. FRONT FROM LOW 24N163W TO 
18N173W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 145W AND 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT FROM 30N152W 
TO 24N158W TO 19N167W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 
30N142W TO 23N150W TO 23N157W.

.LOW 30N170W 1010 MB MOVING E SLOWLY. FRONT FROM LOW TO 26N179W 
MOVING E 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT MERGED WITH ABOVE SYSTEM.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 25N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 167E AND 171E.

.HIGH 26N172E 1015 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 20N160E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 22N171E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING HIGH 26N170E 1014MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N155W TO 21N169W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 18N147W TO 30N167W.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 00N170W TO 
25N170W TO 25N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER WATERS N OF 10N E OF 153W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 00N170W TO 
25N175W TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 
00N172W TO 20N175W TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 166E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N170W TO 07N179W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.