Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 22:20:45 -0600

968 
FZPN01 KWBC 090420
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU DEC 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 52N135W 982 MB DRIFTING N AND SECOND 
LOW 51N142W 983 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
OF SECOND LOW AND WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT WITH HIGHEST IN SE QUADRANT OF 
FIRST LOW. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE OF FIRST LOW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N137W 990 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE...480 NM 
SW AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N137W 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 60N BETWEEN 160W AND 169W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N150W 994 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT FROM 46N160E TO 45N164E TO 41N170E TO 37N175E TO 34N180W. 
WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT W OF 170E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 52N164E TO 
41N170E TO 35N175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 37N171E AND SECOND 
LOW 43N166E 1005 MB. FRONT FROM FIRST LOW SE TO 30N172E AND FROM 
FIRST LOW TO SECOND LOW THEN TO 47N163E TO 49N160E. WITHIN 360 
NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 32N169W 1006 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N151W 1006 MB. FROM 35N TO 30N BETWEEN 
146W AND 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N147W 1002 MB. FRONT NE FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 41N138W AND SW FROM LOW CENTER TO 30N155W. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM 
SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY OVER WATERS FROM 57N TO 62N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 
62N BETWEEN 158W AND 165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 40N TO 52N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 171E AND 
162E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 170E AND 
160E. 

.HIGH 55N177E 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N179E 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N178E 1036 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH NEAR 31N129W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 11.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 45 NM 
OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14.5N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...REMAINDER OF 
AREA WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14.5N95W TO 13N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED WARNINGS...REMAINDER OF AREA 
WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W TO 
12N100W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W TO 10N100W TO 
10N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. WITHIN 60 
NM OF A LINE FROM 12N98W TO 09N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 106W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.NW OF A LINE FROM 30N136W AND 28N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 17 
TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PORTION.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N BETWEEN BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA AND 
120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
ALONG 30N. FROM 20N TO 30N BETWEEN 115W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N BETWEEN BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA AND 
121W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N 
W OF 121W AND FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 111W AND 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 
120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 10N 
W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.TROUGH FROM 18N127W TO 08N129W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF TROUGH E TO 
SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. FROM 08N TO 20N W OF TROUGH NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 17N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 17N133W TO 09N136W. W OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 09N W OF 124W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED IN 
PARAGRAPH ABOVE. 

.FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 102W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 109W AND 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 
11N86W TO 10N88W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 08N90W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 04N BETWEEN 
80W AND 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 80W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU DEC 09...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 04N77W TO 07N105W TO 
10N126W THEN RESUMES NEAR 09N131W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W AND ALSO 
FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 128W AND 133W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.