Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 22:45:14 -0600

648 
FZPN40 PHFO 090445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 29N163W 1009 MB MOVING ENE SLOWLY. FRONT FROM LOW TO 30N150W 
AND FROM LOW TO 22N167W TO 18N175W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW AND WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONTS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N158W 1004 MB. FRONT FROM LOW 25N160W TO 
20N168W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 
24N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT FROM 30N150W 
TO 20N162W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 30N141W TO 
22N157W.

.FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 25N178W MOVING E 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH ABOVE FRONT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 25N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 167E AND 171E.

.HIGH 26N172E 1016 MB MOVING SW SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 20N160E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 22N171E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING HIGH NEAR 23N167E 1014 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N155W TO 21N164W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 18N147W TO 30N167W.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 00N170W TO 
25N170W TO 25N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER WATERS N OF 10N E OF 153W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 00N170W TO 
25N175W TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 
00N172W TO 20N175W TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 166E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N170W TO 07N179W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.