Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 04:24:45 -0600

442 
FZPN01 KWBC 091024
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU DEC 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 41N TO 52N W OF 170E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 480 NM N OF A LINE FROM 35N180W TO 40N170E AND 
WITHIN 540 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N170E TO 45N163E TO 45N160E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM E OF A LINE FROM 52N164E TO 
44N166E TO 30N170E AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 37N173E 1000 MB AND 
SECOND LOW W OF AREA NEAR 50N159E 996 MB. FRONT FROM FIRST LOW 
CENTER TO 30N174E AND FROM FIRST LOW CENTER TO 42N169E TO 
48N164E TO SECOND LOW CENTER. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS 
OF FIRST LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM E AND NE OF FRONT AND 360 NM W OF FRONT N OF 34N WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN LOW 52N141W 986 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 
480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 360 NM SW...AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N137W 993 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 50N TO 60N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 51N TO 60N BETWEEN 160W AND 169W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N153W 995 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N166W 1006 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW TO MERGE WITH LOW 33N149W 1008 MB. WITHIN 
300 NM OF LOW CENTER N OF 30N AND FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 155W 
AND 177W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N140W 999 MB. FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 
35N148W TO 30N151W. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT AND 300 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM SE 
OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY OVER WATERS FROM 57N TO 62N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 40N TO 52N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 171E AND 
164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 169E AND 
160E. 

.HIGH 56N177E 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N180W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N178E 1034 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH NEAR 32N129W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER ROWLAND. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 11.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 
16N95W TO 14.5N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
14N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED WARNINGS...WITHIN 150 NM OF A 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 10N99W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W TO 09N103W NE TO E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
14N BETWEEN 93W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 102W 
AND 107W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 
108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. S OF 08N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. NW OF LINE 
FROM 30N118W TO 20N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT 
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N W OF 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 24N112W TO 06N135W 
TO 06N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. S 
OF 06N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 10 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 24N TO 27N E OF 118W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N W OF 138W S WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 00N120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N87W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 08N90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 11N88W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 04N BETWEEN 80W AND 84W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 80W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU DEC 09...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N77W TO 05N97W TO 
07N108W TO 07N120W TO 09N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 127W AND 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.