Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 04:45:16 -0600

513 
FZPN40 PHFO 091045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU DEC 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 28N165W 1008MB MOVING E 15 KT.  FRONTS FROM LOW TO 28N158W 
TO 30N149W AND FROM LOW TO 23N168W TO 20N173W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS N OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 20N167W TO 30N151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N157W 1007MB.  FRONT FROM LOW TO 22N171W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 28N177W TO 28N163W TO 23N160W TO 
30N147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.  FRONT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 30N152W TO 20N163W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E 
OF THE FRONT N OF 26N.

.FRONT FROM 29N167W TO 27N171W TO 26N176W MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.  ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 
27N W OF 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E.  FRONT WILL BEGIN 
TO ACCELERATE E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 24N160E.

.HIGH 25N171E 1013MB NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 21N160E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 19S173W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 19N171W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 14N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 25N172W TO 00N168W TO 
00S140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 
00S167W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
26N176W TO 17N170W TO 00N170W TO 00S140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 166E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.