Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:59:10 -0600

608 
ATPQ40 PGUM 091458
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI DEC 10 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM WEST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 
25N150E TO NORTH OF PALAU AT 15N135E...THEN CONTINUES AS A WARM 
FRONT TO BEYOND 130E AT 14N. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND WIDESPREAD 
RAIN ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD 
FRONT...INCLUDING IWO TO ISLAND. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE EVIDENT ALONG AND UP TO 230 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE 
WARM FRONT. CONVERGING SOUTH WINDS FARTHER SOUTH OF THE WARM FRONT 
ARE PRODUCING SIMILAR WEATHER WEST AND NORTHWEST OF KOROR WITHIN 45 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N133E TO 11N131E TO 13N130E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 4N139E TO 12N140E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE TROUGH OVER 
YAP AND SOUTH OF GUAM...OR WITHIN 70 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N138E TO 
11N139E TO 9N145E.

A SECOND SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 3N149E TO 9N151E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND IN THE VICINITY 
OF THE TROUGH FROM WELL SOUTHWEST TO JUST SOUTH OF CHUUK WITHIN 60 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N144E TO 8N148E TO 6N152E.

SURFACE CONVERGENCE EAST OF A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE NEAR THE DATE 
LINE IS CAUSING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER THE MARSHALL ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 5N AND 10N FROM 165E TO 176E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.