Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 10:07:19 -0600

630 
FZPN01 KWBC 091607
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU DEC 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 42N TO 55N W OF 172E AND WITHIN 240 
NM SW OF A LINE FROM 44N174E TO 36N175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 50N164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 45N157E 992 MB. FROM 33N TO 46N 
W OF 162E...AND WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N162E TO 
30N172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N160E 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 40N173E TO 30N176E. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 180 NM E 
QUADRANTS AND 300 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER WATERS FROM 42N TO 60N BETWEEN 158W AND 172W N WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 59N BETWEEN 155W AND 171W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N152W 994 MB. FROM 42N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SE AND E QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N140W 986 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 660 NM 
SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N138W 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 240 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NE OF A LINE FROM 59N145W TO 
57N138W SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 151W AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N151W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
142W AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N140W. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 42N131W TO 
THE LOW TO 30N152W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM SE AND E 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 157W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 57N160W TO 
59N167W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N153W TO 56N161W TO 
63N172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 58N148W 995 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 996 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 52N W 
OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 52N W OF 170E...AND FROM 
31N TO 36N BETWEEN 138W AND 147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 127W AND 
144W.

.HIGH 37N125W 1022 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N122W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND.

.HIGH S OF AREA 29N127W 1024 MB MOVING NW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N130W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N129W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 56N178E 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N178E 1037 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N180W 1034 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N138W 1017 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 11.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 14.5N95W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 09 TO 15 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED WARNINGS...WITHIN 150 NM OF A 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 10N99W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 102W 
AND 107W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 
108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
PRIMARILY IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. S OF 08N W OF 120W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. NW OF LINE 
FROM 30N118W TO 20N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT 
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N W OF 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 24N112W TO 06N135W 
TO 06N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. S 
OF 06N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 24N TO 27N E OF 120W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N W OF 138W S 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 
00N115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N87W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 08N90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 11N88W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 02N TO 04N BETWEEN 80W AND 84W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W NW TO N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 80W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU DEC 09...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 07N77W TO 04N90W TO 
07N110W TO 07N120W TO 10N140W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 77W AND 79W...FROM 07N TO 08N BETWEEN 
109W AND 111W...AND FROM 08N AND 15N BETWEEN 123W AND 132W. 

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.