Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 10:45:17 -0600

906 
FZPN40 PHFO 091645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU DEC 09 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 09 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 10 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 11 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 28N163W 1005MB MOVING ENE 15 KT.  FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N151W 
AND FROM LOW TO 21N167W TO 19N173W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
AREA BOUNDED BY 30N170W 30N152W 13N173W 13N179W 30N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N156W.  FRONT FROM LOW TO 21N169W.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 26N156W TO 28N147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.  FRONT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 30N153W TO 19N164W.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E 
OF THE FRONT N OF 24N.

.FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 27N166W TO 24N170W TO 26N178W MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 27N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 23N160E.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N175E TO 25N171E TO 21N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 19N169W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.WEAKENING RIDGE FROM 23N175E TO 19N173W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 14N148W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 25N172W TO 00N168W TO 
00S140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 
00S167W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
26N176W TO 17N170W TO 00N170W TO 00S140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 07N150W TO 10N162W TO 08N172E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 158W AND 
167W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.