Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 16:08:10 -0600

186 
FZPN01 KWBC 092208
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU DEC 09 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 09. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 10. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 11. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER WATERS FROM 45N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W AND N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM W OF A LINE FROM 59N152W TO 
43N163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 156W AND 170W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 147W AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N149W 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
137W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N135W 997 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E AND 
720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N139W 989 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 420 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N135W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NE OF A LINE FROM 56N138W TO 
59N144W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 51N150E 972 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 51N163E TO 39N170E. N OF 46N W OF 163E...AND WITHIN 300 NM 
NE AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
BELOW WITH LOW 46N158E.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 31N161E 1007 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
30N TO 33N W OF 165E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT WITH 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N171E 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
178E AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N171E 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF 
LOW AND FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 175W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 46N158E 988 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 40N180W TO 55N171E...AND FROM 34N TO 40N 
W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N160E 1002 MB. N OF 48N W OF 
172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 57N160W TO 
61N170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 55N153W TO 57N165W TO 
62N172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 41N168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N W OF 170E...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM OF 36N141W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 
137W.

.HIGH 30N127W 1025 MB MOVING NW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N131W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N127W 1026 MB.

.HIGH 55N178E 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N179E 1035 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N180W 1032 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N133W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH INLAND. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 09.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 10.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 11.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W  N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 
50 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 
16N95W TO 14N95W  N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W  N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 10N99W  NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W  N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 
102W AND 107W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 110W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 115W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.  S OF 12N W OF 124W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.  N OF 20N W 
OF 118W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 132W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W TO 
00N127W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  W OF 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 08N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULFS OF PAPAGAYO 
AND FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N FROM 78W TO 80W  NW TO 
N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 81W  NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU DEC 09...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 04N95W TO 
08N115W TO 07N127W TO 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM 
N OF AXIS E OF 87W...FROM 108W TO 112W AND WITHIN 150 NM N OF 
AXIS FROM 126W AND 132W. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.