Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:01:13 -0600

553 
FZPN01 KWBC 100401
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 48N158E 992 MB. WITHIN 180 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM NE AND 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W AND N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM W OF A LINE FROM 59N152W TO 
43N163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 156W AND 170W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 147W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N151W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM E AND 240 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N137W 1000 MB. WITHIN 600 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N165E 1008 MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N 
TO 33N W OF 165E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT WITH 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N172E 1004 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N172E 1000 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
35N179E TO 30N180W. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT AND 
360 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 57N160W TO 
61N170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 58N153W TO 57N165W TO 
62N172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 52N139W 988 MB DRIFTING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N136W 1002 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 43N TO 55N W OF 171E AREA OF SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 13 
TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA TO BE ABSORBED BY LOW 48N158E MENTIONED 
ABOVE IN WARNING SECTION.

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 41N168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N W OF 170E...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM OF 36N141W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 
137W. 

.HIGH 30N127W 1025 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N132W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 55N178E 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N179E 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N178E 1031 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N127W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 12.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 10N99W  NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  FROM 07N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 102W AND 107W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL.  ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 110W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 12N W OF 125W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.  N OF 20N W OF 118W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 135W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W TO 
00N123W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  W OF 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 08N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULFS OF PAPAGAYO 
AND FONSECA...NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA  N OF 07N FROM 78W TO 80W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 81W  NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI DEC 10...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 07N78W TO 04N97W TO 
07N115W TO 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS 
FROM 131W TO 134W. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.