Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:45:11 -0600

701 
FZPN40 PHFO 100445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 28N160W 1005 MB MOVING ENE 15 KT. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 
24N164W TO 20N172W MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 30N143W TO 25N153W TO 23N163W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA 
N OF 20N BETWEEN 154W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT FROM 30N151W 
TO 23N159W TO 20N166W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 
26N148W TO 23N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 25N153W TO 20N160W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N E OF 147W.

.FRONT 30N163E TO 28N160E MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN 
AREA N OF 28N W OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 24N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 25N170E TO 23N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 179E AND 176W.

.HIGH 1015 MB NEAR 25N170E NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
30N174E TO 22N160E MOVING E SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 21N150W 18N165W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING 
FROM THE W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 154W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 00N140W TO 00N170W TO 
24N175W TO 24N160E TO 30N160E TO 30N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 
155W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 
00N140W TO 00N175W TO 20N175W TO 20N160E TO 30N160E TO 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 
00N140W TO 00N178W TO 20N178W TO 20N160E TO 30N160E TO 30N140W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N150W TO 12N167W AND FROM 10N180E TO 
04N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
160W AND 167W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170E.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.