Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 03:57:14 -0600

338 
FZPN01 KWBC 100957
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 49N159E 992 MB. WITHIN 180 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM NE AND 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W AND N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N151W 996 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N151W 988 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W AND 600 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 148W AND 157W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N144W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM E AND 240 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N138W 998 MB. WITHIN 600 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N167E 1006 MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N 
TO 33N W OF 165E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT WITH 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N173E 1003 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N171E 997 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
36N179E TO 33N178W TO 30N178W. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W 
QUADRANT AND 360 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 57N160W TO 
61N170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 58N153W TO 57N165W TO 
62N172W AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N136W 992 MB DRIFTING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 43N TO 55N W OF 171E AREA OF SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 13 
TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA TO BE ABSORBED BY LOW 49N159E MENTIONED 
ABOVE IN WARNING SECTION. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 41N168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N W OF 170E...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM OF 36N141W. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 144W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 
138W. 

.HIGH 30N130W 1025 MB DRIFTING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N129W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N127W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 54N179E 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N179E 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N177E 1031 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N161E 1024 MB.

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 12.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 16N96W TO 10N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 
12N98W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT 
IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 120W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 24N114W TO 10N120W TO 00N130W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 120W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 110W...AND S OF 
07N W OF 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 19N W OF 130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 22N W 110W...
AND S OF 20N BETWEEN 102W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 116W 
AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI DEC 10...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N77W TO 06N83W TO 
05N100W TO 08N114W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 90 
NM N OF AXIS FROM 108W TO 114W. 

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.