Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 04:45:15 -0600

155 
FZPN40 PHFO 101045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 30N157W 1005MB MOVING NE 30 KT.  COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 23N162W 
TO 19N170W.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 
23N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 
30N159W 30N150W 13N159W 12N163W 20N168W 30N159W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.  FRONT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 30N151W TO 19N162W.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 21N154W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT 30N165E TO 26N160E MOVING E 25 KT.  ISOLATED TSTMS N OF A 
LINE FROM 26N180W TO 24N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 28N179W TO 22N160E.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.

.TROUGH FROM 06N160E TO 08N173E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF 
THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N178E TO 25N174E TO 20N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 17N166W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 00S170W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 30N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
26N178E TO 00N170W TO 00S140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
27N174E TO 20N166W TO 28N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
16N145W TO 00N150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N145W TO 08N162W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.