Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 06:17:21 -0600

406 
ATHW40 PHFO 101217
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 10 2010

A COMPLEX INTERSECTION OF SEVERAL FRONTS PRODUCED A VARIETY OF CLOUD 
COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS. SCATTERED TOWERING CUMULI AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPED WITHIN 90 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 18N 170W 
TO 20N 158W TO 26N 154W. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULI ALSO APPEARED 
AMONG THE COLD-AIR CUMULI WITHIN 60 MILES OF THE POINT 27N 168W. 
ASSOCIATED DEEP CLOUD LAYERS OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES NORTH OF THE 
CURVE FROM 30N 160W TO 23N 167W TO 12N 167W TO 15N 150W TO 27N 148W 
TO 30N 150W. THIN HIGH CLOUD LAYERS ALSO WERE PRESENT IN PLACES UP 
TO ABOUT 250 MILES FURTHER EAST. ALTHOUGH THE CLOUDS COMPOSING THIS 
FEATURE MOVED DIFFERENTLY DEPENDING ON HEIGHT AND LOCATION...THE 
FEATURE AS A WHOLE DRIFTED EAST AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR.

TO THE WEST...MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND LOW TO MIDDLE STRATUS LAYERS 
WITH EMBEDDED ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULI COMPOSED WEAKENING CLOUD 
BANDS ASSOCIATED WITH FRONTS. ONE BAND EXTENDED ACROSS HAWAIIAN 
WATERS WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 17N 180 TO 18N 173W TO 18N 
169W AND FURTHER WEST. ANOTHER WAS LOCATED WITHIN 90 MILES OF THE 
CURVE FROM 08N 180 TO 12N 174W TO 12N 168W TO 13N 167W AND FURTHER 
WEST. THE FIRST OF THESE FEATURES DRIFTED SOUTH SLOWLY...WHILE THE 
SECOND MOVED NORTH AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR.

TO THE NORTHWEST...THIN HIGH CLOUD LAYERS FROM ACROSS THE DATELINE 
PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES NORTHWEST OF THE CURVE FROM 
23N 180 TO 21N 174W TO 25N 172W TO 30N 174W. MODERATELY TO DENSELY 
PACKED COLD-AIR CUMULI PREVAILED AT LOWER ALTITUDES NORTH OF ABOUT 
25N.

TO THE EAST...LOW TO MIDDLE STRATUS LAYERS AND MARINE STRATOCUMULI 
PREVAILED FROM ABOUT 27N TO 14N.

TO THE SOUTH...LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN 15N AND 07N. LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM THIS 
AND EARLIER CONVECTION MOSTLY TO PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES FROM 
15N TO 05N...AND MERGED INTO THE LARGE MASS OF CLOUD LAYERS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE INTERSECTION OF FRONTS FURTHER NORTH.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD LAYERS GENERALLY IN EXCESS 
OF 35000 FEET DEEP OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES COMPLETELY. FROM MOLOKAI 
NORTHWEST...A LARGE AREA OF MERGED THUNDERSTORM ANVILS APPROACHED 
50000 FEET...WITH A FEW CLOUD TOPS EXCEEDING EVEN THAT HEIGHT. RADAR 
DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED HEAVY RAIN FROM MOLOKAI TO THE 
KAUAI CHANNEL...AND SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER KAUAI COUNTY AND 
SURROUNDING WATERS...BUT ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST ELSEWHERE.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.