Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:03:46 -0600

561 
FZPN01 KWBC 101603
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER WATERS WITHIN 480 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 57N153W TO 46N162W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N154W 996 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW AND 
660 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N149W 988 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S AND NW AND 
900 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 34N153W 1004 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
139W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N136W 1000 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 30N150W. WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH 
LOW 50N149W...FROM 36N TO 47N E OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 35N170E 1004 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
180W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N171E 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 44N BETWEEN 178W AND 162E AND FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
175W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N170E 1000 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 30N172W. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM NE AND E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 46N158E 993 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 33N TO 48N W OF 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. FROM 47N TO 55N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DISSIPATED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 55N BETWEEN 152W AND 159W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N162W TO 
61N170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 58N153W TO 57N165W TO 
62N172W AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N136W 997 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 300 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 58N148W 996 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 1003 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM THE LOW TO 56N135W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 122W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 164E AND 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 39N124W TO 
36N146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
44N132W TO 49N144W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 49N E OF 132W.

.HIGH 41N135W 1018 MB MOVING NE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED INLAND.

.HIGH S OF AREA 29N127W 1026 MB MOVING NW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N129W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 56N178E 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N180W 1034 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N176E 1032 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N159W 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE 
SWELL. WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 11N100W TO 09N105W TO 08N111W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
07N TO 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT 
IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 27N E OF 120W NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
24N111W TO 00N128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 27N E OF 
121W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W 
AND FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 99W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 
102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N E OF 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI DEC 10...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 05N96W TO 
09N115W TO 07N127W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF AXIS BETWEEN 109W AND 114W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM 
N OF AXIS FROM 122W TO 130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.