Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:45:13 -0600

230 
FZPN40 PHFO 101645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 22N162W TO 20N168W TO 19N173W MOVING E 10 
KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 23N.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N157W 
30N150W 25N150W 13N165W 18N170W 30N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 20N161W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 26N147W TO 21N155W.

.FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 24N160E MOVING E 25 KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 24N173E TO 28N178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N178E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N175W TO 27N178W TO 23N176E TO 30N160E.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.

.TROUGH FROM 06N160E TO 08N173E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N179E TO 24N174E TO 20N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 26N160W TO 18N172W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 00S170W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 30N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
26N178E TO 00N170W TO 00S140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
27N174E TO 20N166W TO 28N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
16N145W TO 00N150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N146W TO 08N160W TO 10N165W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.