Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:33:27 -0600

869 
ATHW40 PHFO 101833
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 10 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A SHARP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH NEAR 32N166W... 
MOVING TO THE SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH. A LARGE AREA OF DEEP LAYERED 
CLOUDS IS LOCATED GENERALLY WITHIN 600 MILES EAST OF A LINE FROM 
30N159W TO 14N168W...COVERING MUCH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LAYERED 
CLOUDS...WITH THE STRONGEST CONVECTION LOCATED ALONG A LINE 
EXTENDING FROM 30N151W TO 21N156W TO 15N167W. CLOUD TOPS WITH THIS 
CONVECTION EXTEND UP TO 50000 FT. NORTH OF 22N...THESE CELLS ARE 
MOVING TO THE NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH. SOUTH OF 22N...THESE CELLS ARE 
MOVING TO THE EAST AT 15 MPH. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...OVERCAST THICK LAYERED CLOUDS 
EXTEND FROM KAUAI TO MAUI...AND ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AT 10 TO 15 
MPH. OVERCAST MIDDLE AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS ARE LOCATED EAST OF THIS 
AREA...AND COVER THE BIG ISLAND. 

HIGH CLOUDS EXTEND FARTHER EAST FROM THE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS... 
WITH PATCHES OF CIRRUS AND CIRROCUMULUS NORTH OF 15N EXTENDING AS 
FAR EAST AS 140W. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AT 50 TO 
70 MPH. BELOW THESE HIGH CLOUDS...AREAS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE LOCATED EAST OF 
145W. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AND NORTHWEST AT 20 TO 25 
MPH. 

TO THE WEST OF THE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS...AREAS OF BROKEN 
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 
20 MPH. A SECOND AREA OF HIGH CLOUDS IS LOCATED FARTHER WEST... 
GENERALLY WEST OF 172W AND NORTH OF 20N. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE 
COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS CLOUDS...AND ARE 
MOVING TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT 80 MPH

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.