Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:13:04 -0600

126 
FZPN01 KWBC 102212
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

NOTE: DUE TO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE THERE WILL BE A SATELLITE 
OUTAGE BETWEEN 0200-0700 UTC DEC 11. SO THE 0430 UTC DEC 11 
VERSION OF THIS FORECAST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE VIA GMDSS.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 35N170E 1002 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
179W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N172E 998 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM W AND 660 NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N170E 1000 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
THE LOW CENTER TO 34N177W. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW SEMICIRCLES 
AND 300 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N151W 998 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NW OF A LINE 
FROM THE LOW CENTER TO 40N165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N155W 992 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N152W 988 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
W QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM NW AND 840 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 37N TO 56N BETWEEN 
140W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 35N150W 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
137W AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N140W 1002 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS AND FROM 39N TO 49N E OF 131W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N136W 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
47N124W TO 33N138W. FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 126W AND 140W...AND 
WITHIN 240 NM S OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 47N158E 992 MB MOVING NW 25 KT WITH FRONT FROM 
50N160E TO 40N170E. WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT AND FROM 
32N TO 44N BETWEEN 165E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
49N TO 55N W OF 171E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 55N BETWEEN 152W AND 159W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N162W TO 
62N170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 55N154W TO 57N164W TO 
62N173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N154W TO 56N162W TO 
63N172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N135W 1000 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 180 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N141W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 59N147W 994 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM W AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 53N W 
OF 170E AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 39N124W TO 37N146W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
46N128W TO 39N143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 49N E OF 128W. 

.HIGH 41N131W 1024 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH WELL INLAND.

.HIGH 30N130W 1027 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N127W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N129W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 55N180W 1035 MB MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N180W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N177E 1031 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 30N158W 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W 
TO 12N99W  N TO NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.  
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 12N99W TO 09N105W TO 08N111W  NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 
14N BETWEEN 92W AND 102W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW.

.FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 
FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 22N E OF 120W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W TO 00N128W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 22N W OF 135W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 22N E OF 115W  NW WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF 110W AND S OF 12N 
FROM 100W TO 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 138W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 102W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 90W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA  N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 80W  NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS LESS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 06N E OF 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI DEC 10...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 05N96W TO 
09N115W TO 07N127W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF AXIS BETWEEN 109W AND 114W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM 
N OF AXIS FROM 122W TO 130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.