Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:45:11 -0600

389 
FZPN40 PHFO 102245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI DEC 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 22N160W TO 16N168W MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 23N150W TO 25N158W TO 
30N154W TO 30N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM 
E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 25N152W TO 20N159W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 26N E OF 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 24N147W TO 
18N151W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 24N160E MOVING E 20 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 174E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N179E TO 26N170E TO 24N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N174W TO 24N175W TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W.

.TROUGH FROM 10N173E TO 06N160E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE TROUGH W OF 170E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N175W TO 23N170E TO 21N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 21N150W TO 17N163W MOVING NEARLY STATIONARY 
AND ERODING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 147W AND 154W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 00N175W TO 20N175W TO 
20N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 
00N178W TO 20N178W TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 
22N170E TO 20N160E AND SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS E OF 
175W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF POINTS 11N161W AND 11N177W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N146W TO 09N150W TO 09N162W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 153W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.