Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:24:54 -0600

612 
ATHW40 PHFO 110024
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 11 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A SHARP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE 
CENTRAL PACIFIC...EXTENDING FROM 30N161W TO 22N163W. THIS TROUGH IS 
MOVING TO THE EAST AT 30 MPH. AN AREA OF HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS AND 
CIRROSTRATUS CLOUDS IS LOCATED JUST EAST OF THE TROUGH. THESE CLOUDS 
ARE LOCATED ALONG A STRONG UPPER LEVEL JET...AND ARE MOVING TO THE 
NORTH NORTHEAST AT 120 TO 140 MPH. A LARGE AREA OF DEEP LAYERED 
CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH IS LOCATED GENERALLY WITHIN 300 
TO 400 MILES SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 16N164W...COVERING 
MUCH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS AND 
CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LAYERED CLOUDS...WITH 
THE STRONGEST CONVECTION LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 30N150W 
TO 18N156W TO 12N168W. CLOUD TOPS WITH THIS CONVECTION EXTEND UP TO 
48000 FT. NORTH OF 22N...THESE CELLS ARE MOVING TO THE NORTHEAST AT 
40 TO 50 MPH. SOUTH OF 22N...THESE CELLS ARE MOVING TO THE EAST 
NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 25 MPH. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...OVERCAST THICK LAYERED CLOUDS 
EXTEND FROM OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND...AND ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AT 
20 TO 30 MPH. BROKEN CUMULUS AND TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE LOCATED 
NEAR KAUAI...AND EXTEND 50 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE WEST. THESE CLOUDS 
ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AND NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. BASED ON CLOUD 
MOTIONS AND THE RECENT CONVECTIVE CLOUD DEVELOPMENT AROUND KAUAI... 
IT APPEARS THAT THE COLD FRONT IS LOCATED JUST WEST OF THE KAUAI 
COASTAL WATERS. 

HIGH CLOUDS EXTEND FARTHER EAST FROM THE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS... 
WITH PATCHES OF CIRRUS AND CIRROCUMULUS NORTH OF 17N EXTENDING AS 
FAR EAST AS 140W. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE EAST NORTHEAST 
AT 50 MPH. BELOW THESE HIGH CLOUDS...AREAS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS ARE LOCATED EAST OF 150W. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE 
NORTHWEST AT 25 MPH. NORTH OF 18N...THESE CLOUDS ARE PRIMARILY 
STABLE STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED CELL CUMULUS ELEMENTS. SOUTH OF 
18N...THESE CLOUDS ARE COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF SHOWERY OPEN CELL 
CUMULUS ELEMENTS. 

TO THE WEST OF THE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS...PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE SOUTHWEST AND WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. NORTH 
OF 28N...THESE CLOUDS ARE COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF STABLE STRATOCUMULUS 
ELEMENTS. SOUTH OF 28N...THESE CLOUDS ARE A MIX OF STABLE CLOSED 
CELL CUMULUS AND SHOWERY OPEN CELL CUMULUS ELEMENTS. A SECOND AREA 
OF HIGH CLOUDS IS LOCATED FARTHER WEST AS WELL...GENERALLY WEST OF 
173W AND NORTH OF 24N. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF 
CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS ELEMENTS...AND ARE MOVING TO THE SOUTHEAST 
AT 80 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.