Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:07:52 -0600

959 
FZPN01 KWBC 110407
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

NOTE: DUE TO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE THERE WILL BE A SATELLITE 
OUTAGE BETWEEN 0200-0700 UTC DEC 11. SO THE 0430 UTC DEC 11 
VERSION OF THIS FORECAST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE VIA GMDSS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 36N171E 1002 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N172E 996 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
36N176E TO 30N179W. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND 
300 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N171E 998 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
38N175E TO 32N172W TO 30N171W. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 43N167E TO 47N165E TO 50N160E  
AND N OF 45N...W OF 163E AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS WELL W OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING..
.LOW 57N150W 996 MB MOVING S 20 KT. WITHIN 660 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N154W 991 MB. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 840 NM 
W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N150W 988 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N146W 1002 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM E AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N137W 997 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 32N141W 
TO LOW TO 47N130W. WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N134W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 159W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N162W TO 62N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM 55N154W TO 57N164W TO 62N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N AND NE OF A 
LINE FROM 56N154W TO 56N162W TO 63N172W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N135W 1005 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 60N149W 995 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM W AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 122W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 53N W 
OF 170E AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 39N124W TO 37N146W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
46N128W TO 39N143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 49N E OF 128W. 

.HIGH 43N123W 1025 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST HIGH WELL INLAND. 

.HIGH 32N28W 1026 MB MOVING N 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N127W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N128W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 54N178E 1034 MB DRIFTING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N179W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N178E 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N160E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH TO MERGE WITH HIGH 52N178E MENTIONED 
ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 30N158W 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 13.

.WARNINGS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N WINDS 35 TO 35 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  N OF 15N FROM 94W TO 96W  N WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.  FROM 07N TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 102W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W TO 14N 96W  N TO NE WIND 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 08N TO 25N W OF 120W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 22N E OF 120W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 
10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 23N110W TO 00N128W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  W OF 110W AND FROM 08N TO 20N FROM 102W TO 
110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 138W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 102W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA  N OF 05N FROM 78W TO 80W  NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS LESS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 06N E OF 80W  N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.   
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT DEC 11...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N84W TO 04N98W TO 
09N116W TO 06N131W TO 08N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM 
OF AXIS FROM 115W TO 130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.